Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Newsreader Needed

Swingman wrote:
On 12/9/2013 10:56 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

The new system is a win 7 64 bit system. The email client is in
office 2007, specifically outlook 2007. You used to be able to read
UseNet newsgroups in Outlook 2007, but Microsoft have removed
anything that does not use their own servers servers for newsgroups.

This latest version (24.1.1) of TB is ****ing me off. Unstable, not
responding from the simple saving of an email to a storage folder,
etc. Most problematic version I've had on this Win7 box in a good
while.
Feels like it may be an add-on/Filter issues, but they all show as
compatible, and the few add-ons/Filters I need is what makes TB usable
for me.

Sorry for piggybacking on your post Karl, but to comment on Lee's comment
above - Outlook in any of its releases, never supported nntp. The closest
it ever came was to allow you to configure newsgroups, which upon execution,
called OE. Outlook itself never handled usenet - it shelled OE.

--

-Mike-