Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default John Rumm on boilers

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 07:46:17 -0800 (PST), Road_Hog
wrote:

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:37:24 AM UTC, Bill Wright wrote:

Well, that turned out to apply in the case of my boiler, but why? Can

you explain it slowly and simply? Why does the flame sensing need this?

Bill

I don't know much about boilers, but it sounds like the boiler, or this particular component of it, doesn't like floating earth generators. In the same way that many caravanners found out that their generator keeps tripping out the RCD, until tie the earth down.

I'm finding it hard to understand why that might happen, a floating
generator would look like a supply from an isolating transformer.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%