Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Newsreader Needed

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
message
Leon wrote:
On 12/10/2013 7:25 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I used Outlook Express for years until they
"improved" it making it about useless for
newsgroups.

I've used Outlook Express from Win 95a, Win 95b, Win
98 and WinXP. I still use it with Win8 in an XP
virtual machine. I am unaware of any changes that
made it useless for news groups. What might those
changes be?

OLE is no longer available on Win 7 and 8. Those are
the changes.

It should still be available to those who wish to
downgrade to IE6. OE was always a component of IE, not a
stand alone product.

Can IE 6 be installed in Win 7 or 8? I'm thinking MS would have conniptions
if one tried to do so.

Of course downgrading to IE6 is
worse than a sharp stick in the eye.

Having it installed doesn't mean you have to use it

--

dadiOH