Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default how wide the snow path

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 14:48:45 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/9/2013 10:44 AM, micky wrote:

Which do you do?

Full width. Sidewalk full width is required in some towns, but for
safety, that is what you want.

If you do the whole width, do you look down on, despise, people like
me? Or do you wish you could be like me? or do you ignore me?

On a good day we call you a lazy *******. On a bad day, even worse.

Good to know.

I guess this started when I was 10 and we moved to a new house, or at
least when I first started shoveling the driveway, 10, 11, 12?

The driveway to the garage was over 100 feet long, and there was no
chance I could shovel the whole thing at age 10 or 12, so I shoveled
just two tracks wide enough for the tires. My mother was a good
backer-upper and she could back 100 feet while staying in the shoveled
part most of the time. Or she used the "turnaround", a little extra
part where one could park one or two cars, or turn around, so she
could drive out in forward, where the tracks were even easier to
follow. Since then I lived in apartments with no shoveling involved
until I got this house,