Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default how wide the snow path

On Monday, December 9, 2013 9:34:20 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/9/2013 9:09 PM, Lee B wrote:

I start off with a wider swath than I end up with as I get tired. I'm a

middle aged (and then some) 5' tall woman, and in my neighborhood, no

one goes around looking for business shoveling. I spend my energy on my

driveway, and frequently let the sidewalk fend for itself. Most of the

neighbors seem to follow that approach.

Consider a snow blower. I've been using one for the pat 12 years now.

Although we don't get a lot of snow here just north of Baltimore, we have a 90' drive and every so often we get so much snow that I can't get the car out to the street unless I clear the drive. I bought a good two-stage blower but only use it every third year, on average. Still, when needed, it's a lifesaver. Starting in November, I start it up and let it run for several minutes on the first weekend of every month to make sure it's ready for action.