Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chineese crap

wrote:

Accountants running
auto companies is another.

I'm reminded of a comment made by my Industrial Engineering
professor more than 50 years ago.

He asked the class what discipline was the best preparation to
become CEO of a corporation.

Since this was an engineering class, he quickly shot down the
idea that an engineer would make a good CEO.

One by one, he shot down our suggestions of sales, manufacturing
and finally accounting.

Having an accountant as a CEO is like driving down the road looking
out the rear view mirror.

"They can tell you where you've been, but not where you are likely
to go", was his comment.

As valid today as it was then.

BTW, his choice for a CEO, somebody with an Art's degree in History.

Since man is doomed to repeat his mistakes, at least a History
major might have an edge.

Lew