Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Questions about programmable switches

On 12/9/13, 6:58 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/9/2013 2:11 PM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

Well, maybe not *special* wiring, but it does require a neutral,
which I
do not have in this old house. So my question is whether there is any
way to use the 740A, which says it requires a neutral, in a receptacle
that does not have a neutral. I assume the answer is "no", but I
thought
I'd ask.

So you have hot and ground, but no neutral?
Man, that's some kind of messed up house.
Every house I've seen had hot and neutral,
but maybe not a ground.

Chris, Chris,

The switch box has no neutral available. Not the house.
See this diagram
http://www.photocar.org/wiring-diagr...t-switch-34038