Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Help re-plumbing an air compressor.

On 12/9/2013 1:48 AM, N_Cook wrote:
On 09/12/2013 00:20, amdx wrote:

Hi all,
My dad gave me an air compressor many years ago, at some point, one
of the tubes from the compressor to the tank broke. I had another so, I
ignored it. It has sat for years and parts have scattered. It seems like
this would be obvious, but I don't know to put this back together. I
find one open male connection going to the tank and two
male connections on the compressor, one larger than the other.
The shut off switch and the pop off valve are intact as are a valve on
the tank and a valve to adjust output pressure.
I just can't make sense of two connections to the compressor and one
to the tank.
Any Ideas?

Sanford Manufacturing
Model 104A200-22
22 Gallon Tank
2 hp motor

Thanks, Mikek

Is there a way to test that the over-pressure pressure release mechanism
is not seized/corroded shut and a bomb in the making?

I need to purchase a new pressure regulator, the one on it is not the
correct type. The unit has on over pressure valve. After $50 is removed
from my wallet it will work as designed.
This is actually boat related. I acquired ownership of a pontoon
platform. One corner is low in the water, I started pumping air into the
pontoon yesterday with a small air compressor and didn't see much
movement, so I decided to get out this bigger compressor and started
trying to make it work.
This morning, using the small air compressor, I saw bubbles that I
missed yesterday. There is a 4" x 7" plate at the front of one pontoon
that leaks. Today I will remove the plate and pump the water out. The
goal is to get it out of the water and home.
Thanks, Mikek