Posted to rec.woodworking
Gil Gil is offline

Default Chineese crap

On 09/12/2013 1:46 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Holy ****! $300 for just the fronts???? Must be Candaidan
cuirrency or supmtin'. That's insane based on the prices down here.
Were those insalled prices or just parts prices?

I'm not a mechanic, don't play one on TV, but $300 sounds like a lot
of money
for just a front end brake job.

Had my front end done on my Toyota Tacoma at about 95,000 and was
told to come back about 140,000 for the rears.

Don't remember how much the fronts cost but it was nowhere near $300.

If it had been I'd still remember it.

Lew

Yeah, it's pricy up here. Just did the front brakes on my 2003 Silverado
1500. $108 for each rotor and $89 for the pads, plus 13% sales tax on
all of it. Don't know why there should be such a great price
differential between here and the U.S. There's not that much difference
in the dollar.

Gil