Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default Welding mask - necessary?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8210006AAxJEpp

there's a discussion where someone talks abotu damage in 3 minutes...

"My buddy got arc eye from being a dumbass baxk when we was teenagers. He was trying to weld an exhaust pipe on his car using drive on ramps to lift car. Could'nt get car high enough where he could fit under it with helmet on so he just welded the joint bare faced (about 3 min straight welding)

"That night he had to be took to the ER, couldn't see at all. Had some kind of cream goo he had to put in his eyes and wear eye patches for 2 weeks. He was fine after that but you better believe he wears a welding mask any time he is even around a welding arc now. "