Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry W[_3_] Larry W[_3_] is offline

Default Chineese crap

In article ,
Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 14:50:42 -0500, woodchucker wrote:

I just replaced them last year, rotor and pads. You can't find anyone to
resurface rotors anymore.

My mechanic tells me that the rotors are made so thin nowadays
(supposedly to save weight) that it's not safe to turn them down.

--
This message was for rec.woodworking - if it appears in homeownershub
they ripped it off.

Most auto manufacturers do not recommend resurfacing rotors any more. And
for most models, the cost today os so low that it doesn't pay anyway. Rotors
for many models are only $20 or so, I've purchased some for my Jeep that
(198,000 miles on it) as low as $15 each. I remember when a mid-sized brake
rotors were in the $60 to $90 range.

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.