Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugo Nebula[_2_] Hugo Nebula[_2_] is offline

Default Risk assessment my arse

[Default] On Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:57:25 -0800 (PST), a certain
chimpanzee, , randomly hit the keyboard and wrote:

Indeed the HSE should be dragged before parliament to show how much money IS wasted and watch them umm and erm after surveying such nonsense nationwide on an activity based costing.

We had a case come to our attention recently of a GasSafe fitter
install a boiler and a gas fire so badly it would have gassed the
owner and his neighbour the first time it was used. HSE have done ****
all. We ended up prosecuting on breaches of the Building Regulations.
I have reported numerous unsafe scaffolds, working practices (people
using JCB buckets as working platforms, etc.) to them without any
result. Their attitude seems to be, "call us when there are dead
bodies".

It ain't the HSE, it's self-certification by people who've been on a
two day course in assessing health and safety risks.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?