Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Risk assessment my arse

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sun, 08 Dec 2013 10:00:11 +0000, ARW wrote:

BTW Did you get the offer of attending a speed awareness course?

If that was to me, then yes - but I've not had any more since returning
the form.

I did but I cannot decide if I should just take the 3 points as it is
cheaper.

£85 for the course, but the fixed penalty went up from £60 to £100
nationally a few months back.

All in all, it's a bit of a no-brainer. Half a day of entertainment
(although more in a laughing-at than laughing-with, I suspect) versus
hoping insurers aren't bothered at the points and wondering when the next
set'll arrive.

The question was for you. And considering that I had not realised the cost
of a speeding ticket had gone up then it's just a days loss of earnings and
a no brainer.

Now the rules for the SAC

12. Satisfactory course completion is dependant upon attendance throughout
the 4 hour duration of the course and making a full and positive
contribution

so no laughing at then.....

Until you get home.

--