Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] d_wheeler@talk21.com is offline

Default ESWA radiant heating panels

On Wednesday, 16 February 2000 08:00:00 UTC, Ashley Stevens wrote:
I am buying a new house that uses an unusual heating system. Apparently it
is quite common in
Scandanavia (eg Norway). It uses ESWA infra-red radiant panels in the
ceiling. Part of the
house (the bit that is a more recent extension) also has electic under-floor
heating.

The ESWA panels are apparently rather like the electirc heating elements in
a car windscreen,
and are mounted above the ceiling. Anyway, a few of them have failed. The
house was originally
built in 1973. The vendor told me that the panels have an expected life-time
of about 25 years.

I had never heard of this heating system before. Anyway, my questions are :-

1. Does anyone know where I can purchase replacements for these? I did a web
search,
and the only hits were in New Zealand, Canada and one in South Africa
(none in Scandanavia).

2. Likely cost of replacements?

3. Any opinions/experience on these panels to share?

Thanks very much

Ashley Stevens

Hi try www.eswa.co.uk & they are located
Address: 32 Monkton St, London SE11 4TX

Phone:020 7582 4300

They have been around for about 50 years in the UK