Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 08:38:15 -0600, Richard
wrote:

On 12/7/2013 6:47 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 18:40:56 -0600,
wrote:

When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops.
Come out on the race course.

The fastest boat I've seem personally is a Melges 24 named
Rocket Science. I've seen her doing better than 20 knots
on a a reach.

I have been teaching for the local American Sailing Association
for a while now, gunner. And I got my first USCG ticket back in
1975.

So no, I'm not buying any of that "entertainment".

The Melges boats are always screamers..and they dont have "cabins" and
a head either' Ive raced M and X boats a number of times, boh as
skipper and opponent. My Thistle came close to kicking that ass of a
24 on a number of occasions..and did several times.

Teacher! Cool!

As for the USCG ticket..my first one was dated 1970. Then there was
the Power Squadron stuff from 1967-68

Comes from growing up on the Great Lakes..and having far too many
Coasties in the family.

Sigh..and now I live in the freaking desert...sigh

Build a Land Sailer?

OMG!! The Capri 22 weighs significantly MORE than my Venture 24
does..and is much slower!!

And you really want one??? Gasp!!

http://www.image-ination.com/sailcalc.html

What in Croms Name for?????

the Capri 22..is just another piggy E20 and is 2' longer!!

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---