Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Husqy or Stihl?

"SteveB" wrote in message
I am looking at the Husky 455 and 460 with a 20" bar. A very good friend
says he is a lifelong Stihl fan. I have seen and like both. What are your
opinions on both? I have a Husky now, and I love it. I just need a
bigger saw, and will be spending a chunk of change, so wanted to get some
input first.

Are the Husky XP's worth the extra? Same for the Stihl Pro models?

Thanks

Dunno how consistent the Husky will start. However, we use Stihl at work
on a consistent basis, IMHO, they are a POS for starting. Except for the
mini, which we use in the buckets, and have a primer bulb. They are a nice
unit, starts most times on first pull.