Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Risk assessment my arse

On Saturday 07 December 2013 18:11 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

That might make some sense if the lumineres were of the type that sit in
the
grid frame in place of a tile or mounted in a tile cutout - I could
imagine
collapsed ceilings maybe breaking the flex out of the fitting and
dangling around live.

The caretaker "somehow" managed to turn the MCB off for the small section
of ceiling that "fell down" but it "needed" an electrician to turn off the
MCBs where the ceiling had not fallen down. Thankfully the caretaker was
there to show me where the distribution boards were and tell me which
breakers to turn off for the rest of the corridor.

Fair play to him. He stood on a chair and switched them off for me.

Good man!

Last summer school fete (that I always "dogsbody" for), we blew out one of
the rings with 2 bouncy castles.

No-one knew which breaker it was, so I went round with the head until I
spotted the tripped MCB (on the 2nd pass - several breakers were supposed to
be off, so it was not that obvious). To be fair there were 3 very well
populated 16x3 Type B boards in different parts of a very small school (it
had been built and extended at different times).