Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 09:04:53 -0600, Richard
wrote:

go to www.searchtempest.com

enter x number of miles you wish to search in..then enter Sailboat in
the box..and let it run.

Its quite simple.

Very entertaining.

It turned up this Capri 30.
That's the next size UP from my old boat, so not really a good
candidate for down sizing.
But what a boat!

Capri 30!
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/4216363072.html

Coast Guard documented; named Fast Forward

1984 Capri 30 Sailboat with BMW 7-hp Diesel inboard motor and Trail-Rite
trailer.

Sails:
155 Kevlar/Mylar racing cut jib (very little use), new 130 Kevlar/Mylar
racing cut jib (never unfolded), new 95 Kevlar/Mylar racing cut jib
(used twice), 95 Dacron heavy air jib (very good), several older racing
jibs that are fine for cruising, relatively new Dacron racing cut
mainsail, older Dacron racing cut mainsail that is fine for cruising, ¾
oz orange tri-radial spinnaker, red and blue reaching cut spinnaker,
older ¾ oz. purple, blue and aqua tri-radial spinnaker, ½ oz. red and
blue light air spinnaker, rainbow-colored cruising gennaker, main

Run that search 2x a week..generally Sunday or Monday night..and
Friday night.

I just got done posting 18 boats, all under $1000...some free
ones..one particularly nice one for $200.00

Folks are moving around a lot..and they are having to leave boats
behind....with this economy...there isnt a lot of money for boats of
this sort..so they are cheap(er)..many by an order of magnitude.
Also with our graying population..the owners are dying off leaving the
boats to the kids or widow..and they dont want/need them..so they
often are simply given away.

I thought I told you about Searchtempest last week?

Gunner

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---