Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default furnace - resting on steel rail

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:9_Hou.458329
:

On 12/7/2013 10:26 AM, Red Green wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote in
:

On 12/7/2013 12:16 AM, ps56k wrote:
Was over at my wife's sister's house...
She has a ranch style house,
with the furnace in a "closet" in the middle of the first floor.

The forced air output is therefore "down"
into the ductwork in the crawlspace area.

I've noticed that the air around the louvered doors
is really warm, and opened them up to take a peek.
The entire furnace bottom metal ductwork area
is resting/sitting on a perimeter "rail"
that is about 1" off the floor area.

Therefore, all of the "forced air" being blown down,
is also escaping from around this "rail"
and therefore reducing the air pressure at the vents,
along with making the "heating closet" nice and toasty for the cat &
dog.

I was thinkinig of wrapping the entire perimeter with metal tape
to contain the forced air - and make it follow it's correct ducting
path.

It's 7:15 AM, and I'm thinking of putting an English
muffin in the toaster.

chuckle

Please post back and let us know how it turned out Stormy.

Golden brown. I put some peanut butter on it, and
filled me right up. The above poster didn't ask any
questions.

Yet another ahr success story. Who woulda thought something free could be
so valuable.