Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Choosing Furnace Efficiency

On 12/7/2013 10:55 AM, wrote:
Oversized furnaces suffer in the efficiency department. Undersized
furnaces just take a little longer to warm up a house, unless the wind
blows straight through like Stormy's trailer. Furnace efficiency
doesn't mean anything at all in a situation like that anyway.

I think a bit over sized isn't good. In the case
of my drafty trailer, I can always light a couple
stove burners if the furnace isn't keeping up.

Works out, OK. I went from 80k to 70k when I replaced,
and the 70k does fine. Of course, some cellulose in the
ceiling helps, a lot.

--
..
Christopher A. Young