Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Risk assessment my arse

On 07/12/2013 07:45, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Fredxxx wrote:

On 06/12/2013 21:57, wrote:
On Friday, December 6, 2013 7:47:46 PM UTC,
wrote:
The council got an a independant guy

The amount of money wasted is truly a disgrace.

Indeed the HSE should be dragged before parliament to show how much
money IS wasted and watch them umm and erm after surveying such
nonsense nationwide on an activity based costing.

Health and Safety is fine if risk assessments are carried out by
competent people.

The law is quite clear, if you have assessed the risk and considered the
outcomes, then you're covered.

Indeed so. At one time my job was to put my signature to
documents which cleared new rolling stock as being designed in
compliance with all the relevant standards. Risk assessment was
an integral part of that task, and my signature meant my head
would be (indeed still could be for the life of the equipment) on
the block if things went wrong.

The problem with most of the silly cases reported is simply that
people are unwilling or unable to assess risk sensibly, and take
responsibility for their decision.

And the fact that most journalists are ****e hawks.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman