Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default Risk assessment my arse

Chris J Dixon wrote:

The problem with most of the silly cases reported is simply that
people are unwilling or unable to assess risk sensibly,

The latter. Say "do a risk assessment" to Joe Soap and you get a long
list of specious claptrap in the "might get hit by meteor" vein because
they feel they /have/ to say something. Saying "there are no significant
risks" when there aren't any is beyond them. There's always something -
what if he sneezes when he's up the ladder because of the dust and that
causes the ladder to rock and he has to grab the hot water pipe to
steady himself but it's really really hot, etc.

I believe it used to be called Common Sense.

--
Scott