Posted to alt.home.repair
bud-- bud-- is offline

Default Practically, what is the difference between a "cut resistance"of8, versus 9, in a Master Padlock?

On 12/5/2013 3:58 PM, Danny D. wrote:
On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 04:15:48 +0100, nestork wrote:

I'd say the difference between an "8" cut resistance and a "9" cut
resistance is about half a minute. This web page from Master Lock
explains cut resistance:

What I gather from this, is that my friend should go with
the cheaper locks.

Far as I know, all the usual Master padlocks can be opened without
damaging the lock.

There are padlocks where the key can't be removed when the padlock is
open. Some or all of these are not subject to the same method of attack.