Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] philipuk@gmail.com is offline

Default Folding door hardware

The kitchen is next on the tidy up the house a bit list (ripping it all out and putting a decent one in will have to wait until my numbers come up on the lotto!)

It has a folding door that I quite like, but has just been attached to the door frame and doesn't fit it at all.

1) The door is slightly (2cm) too short. Is there a way of making it taller (e.g. gluing a strip of wood to the bottom). Or would making the door frame slightly shorter by attaching some wood to the header work better?

2) What kind of door hardware do you fit to that kind of door? I definitely want it to still be able to lie flat against the wall. Recessed handles for the inside bit when folded closed? Knobs on the outside either side of the fold? Roller catch to hold it shut?

The bit that sticks out used to contain a warm air heating unit for the house apparently. It's used as a place to store junk and the vac now. Next door ripped theirs out, which I might do - when the lotto numbers come up and a new kitchen is affordable!

Here is a pic: http://i41.tinypic.com/1zwersp.jpg

Philip