Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default (New subscriber) Latest and greatest tools, and old-time tools

On 12/5/2013 9:30 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 19:38:16 -0500,
wrote:

BTW, I have a few FessteringTools, too. They're certainly more
expensive but I don't buy the 2-3x. Probably the most useful
FesteringTool is the TrackSaw.

I"d consider the Domino as the most useful tool. While the tracksaw is
certainly useful, there's several competitors out there to it. The
Domino is pretty much unique in the home market when it comes to loose
tenons. Not much else out there that is as easy or fast to use.

I think my most surprisingly cool Festool tool is my T15-3 cordless
drill. I have not yet stalled it even driving 5/16"x 4" lag screws. I
have two impact drivers, Makita and Bosch which I have not used since
getting the Festool drill two years ago.

The track saw is great for finish cuts in plywood, the sanders are clean
and basically dustless, and of coarse my Domino. I have cut well in
excess of 10,000 mortises with it.