Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default Practically, what is the difference between a "cut resistance"of 8, versus 9, in a Master Padlock?

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 19:36:10 -0500, gfretwell wrote:

It really gets down to how much noise they can make.
A battery operated side grinder will make short work of any padlock.
I also understand if you freeze one of those super hard locks, they
will shatter when you hit it with a hammer.

I suspect most thieves will prefer not to make all that much noise.
And, I suspect whatever is fastest, and easiest to carry, is what
they'll use.

A 48" bolt cutter is probably fast and quiet though.

I only have a 24" bolt cutter (I needed to cut a chain on my
property when I bought the place); so I'm not sure what a 48"
one would do.

Would it basically open all the locks we'd normally buy?