Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Remaining Propane In Hand-held Bernzomatic Torch ?

On 12/5/2013 7:15 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Dean Hoffman " wrote:
On 12/5/13 2:22 PM, wrote:
I have a standard hand-held Benzomatic propane torch, probably 35+
years old. Fortunately I have never run out of gas in the middle of
an important project, and I do have 3 hardware stores within a five
minute drive. But I sometimes do projects late at nite after the
stores would be closed, and it would be nice to know when my propane
cylinder (~2.75" diameter, 11" long)is about to run out. I could
weigh an empty cylinder, but that could be tomorrow or late next
year, I don't have a clue how much my present cylinder has been used.
Ideas ???

There are tank level indicators.
Examples he
http://tinyurl.com/mlufazw

Got any for the 14.1 or 16 oz tanks like the OP is talking about?

He's talking about this...

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...3f13a_1000.jpg

Principle is the same and they should work on any tank. They just show
temperature at different levels. But, one of the things I tried and did
not work well. The IR thermometer mentioned sounds like a good idea but
one would cost probably more than 10 full propane bottles.