Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Practically, what is the difference between a "cut resistance" of 8, versus 9, in a Master Padlock?

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 07:05:09 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 12/04/2013 10:43 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Danny D'Amico" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 12:55:05 -0800, Oren wrote:

Um, the size of the cutting tool.

If you were locking a gate, and a shed, and a few other things,
would you think an almost doubling in price between the two worth it?

Before looking at a higher cut resistance lock, look at what it is locking.
It may be easier to cut the hasp than the lock.

One day at work I needed to get into a room that was locked with a padlock.
Could not cut the lock with some 3 feet long bolt cutters it was so
hardened. Moved to the side of the lock and cut the hasp very easy.

When people are trying to make things secure, there is so much over-looked.

For example, near my house someone has a very sturdy security door. I am
sure it would be very hard to break into it.

However directly next to their door is an unprotected window. It would
take a burglar 3 seconds to get into the house.

I was temped to put a sign on the door reading:

BURGLARS:

Door is locked,
Please enter through window.

BURGLARS: