Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remaining Propane In Hand-held Bernzomatic Torch ?

On 12/5/2013 3:22 PM, wrote:
I have a standard hand-held Benzomatic propane

torch, probably 35+ years old. Fortunately I have
never run out of gas in the middle of an important
project, and I do have 3 hardware stores within a
five minute drive. But I sometimes do projects late
at nite after the stores would be closed, and it
would be nice to know when my propane cylinder
(~2.75" diameter, 11" long)is about to run out.
I could weigh an empty cylinder, but that could

be tomorrow or late next year, I don't have a clue
how much my present cylinder has been used. Ideas ???

I'd go buy another tank, now. The three bucks you
spend, you'll save that much on gasoline, and time.
Not having to make a rush run for more. As to the
16 ouncers, empty tank about 12 ounces.

--
..
Christopher A. Young