Andy Jeffries

Default Newbie question: How to make finger joint cut

Scott Kuhn wrote:
if you are trying to do what I think you are trying to do, it's pretty
different from what I'd call a finger joint. here's what I'd call a
finger joint:
http://www.azwoodman.com/joints/finger-joint2.jpg

is that what you are after?

No, that is what i will eventually be after, but right now it's much
simpler...

I'm not far from a newbie (only about 6 months woodworking experience)
but as far as I know, that joint is called a half-lap joint.

I've gotta cut about 40 of them soon (in 2x2 for making a frame) so I'll
be trying to find a repeatable method too. In fact, I'm probably just
going to cut them all by hand as:

a)I'm a bit shaky with a router (it is a very cheap router)

b)it's only for a frame underneath an MDF constructions.

Cheers,

Andy