Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Practically, what is the difference between a "cut resistance" of 8, versus 9, in a Master Padlock?

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 01:51:13 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 12:55:05 -0800, Oren wrote:

Um, the size of the cutting tool.

If you were locking a gate, and a shed, and a few other things,
would you think an almost doubling in price between the two worth it?

Locks are for honest people. The quality of the lock, price wise,
*could* depend on what you have behind the gate or in the shed.

I have a 35 year old Master Padlock (MP), I used at a public storage
years ago. Thieves cut many locks on units around me with bolt
cutters. My lock has "jaw marks" where they tried to cut the shackle.
No go! My storage unit was not burglarized.

Hint: They brought bolt cutters that were to small for the task.

MP has locks that will withstand a rifle bullet, but it was mentioned
here about cutting the hasp off is easier.

Buy a lock that makes you feel comfortable with. You can also build a
steel box that confines the lock well and reduces chances for tools to
be used to circumvent the lock.