Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Any good at maths?

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 21:15:26 +0000 Tim Streater wrote :
I had %-ages for O-levels (1961/2), with 45% being a pass,
but no-one was ever awarded more than 90%.

When I did structural engineering as part of my building
surveying degree, the lecturer told that the exam would require
answering five questions from seven and there would be four and
a half numeric questions and two and a half essay ones [i.e.
one half and half]. "We do this to stop the clever buggers
among you getting 100% and so those of you who can't add up 2+2
can still pass on the essay questions if you do a good job"

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com