GerryG

Default Dust collection flex tubing, what's good?

Ummm...yes, you can ground an insulator. Many people working in dry climates
have been zap'ed from the generated static, and they've used wire or other
methods to ground it out. Try using a comb or glass rod to generate static,
then discharge one end.. You'll find there's little if any static charge left
on the rest of it. Static charges do not propagate with the same mechanism as
an electric current in a conductor.
For static buildup on pvc you can:
1- Move it out of reach.
2- Wrap a wire (very small; current is low) around and ground it.
3- Spray lightly with conductive paint and ground one end.
GerryG

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:38:00 -0700, Wes wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:21:40 GMT, "patrick conroy"
wrote:

|"Mark L." wrote in message
|news |
| and you're ready, but I would like to know why PVC won't work.
|

|Remember that guy who strapped a JATO to his Chevy Impala out in AZ? He was
|a woodworker too, had ungrounded PVC dust collection in shop. It blew up one
|day.

Folks, PVC is an insulator. You CAN NOT GROUND an insulator. If you
could, you would not be reading this message because none of our
computers (or anything else electronic) would be working.

Repeat after me:

"I cannot ground PVC"
"I cannot ground PVC"
"I cannot ground PVC"