Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_14_] SteveB[_14_] is offline

Default I may attempt to murder a gopher ... I just might stoop to thatlevel (so help me God)

On 12/4/2013 12:19 PM, Danny D. wrote:

I only bought one trap, but, the illustrations show using two,
back to back.

Do you use two? Or just one?

Do you bait with a carrot or something?

No, the trap is trigger activated. They are very sensitive, and tricky.
It works when the gopher pushes against the trigger that is standing
vertical. The two hooks come together across their chest. No bait at
all. I have seen lots of variations, even some that act like a
guillotine. The Macabee is simple, lasts forever, and works once you
learn how to set it properly. They work best at the end of a tunnel,
rather than in the middle of one. Hence, look for the freshest dirt
dome, or damp dirt in the middle of a cone that has just been pushed
out. That means an active tunnel.

Steve