Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default What do you use for mouse/rat poison (Bromethalin, Brodifacoum,Bromadiolone, Chlorophacinone, or Diphacinone)?

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 17:44:40 -0500, Fred McKenzie wrote:

According to the
dealer where I bought it, the rats eat it but do not die right away.
They become thirsty and have to go outside to find water. The poison
kills them when they drink, so they die outside.

This says outright that this is a big fat lie:
http://www.howtogetridofrat.com/poison-thirsty.html
http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/blog/ratpoison.html

This says it's a half truth:
http://www.pest-advice.com/2011/04/d...ith-their.html

Pretty much, I read a few dozen articles on how rat poisons work, and,
the topic didn't come up about them getting thirsty and dying outside
instead of inside.

I call their bluff!