Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Choosing Furnace Efficiency

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:19:40 PM UTC-8, VinnyB wrote:
On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:44:39 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote

in Re Choosing

Furnace Efficiency:

On 12/3/2013 9:07 AM, VinnyB wrote:

OTOH, my next door neighbor had a high-efficiency model installed in

her home way back when they were fairly new on the market (80s? early

90s?). So far, only one service call. In fact, she's dead, but the

furnace has kept on through two additional owners.

How do you know that? Do they report to you when they make a service

call, or do you sit at your window all day watching for service

trucks?

Don't be silly, of course he's not sitting and watching for service

trucks. That's his wife's job.

Ok, that makes sense now.

Because he has hired a cleaner, cook, nanny, etc. to do what the wife would be doing if not stationed at the window watching for service trucks. I hope he lets her at least listen to radio or do puzzles during the long truck-free intervals.

HB