Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Finally got toilet bowl sparkling again with Mr Muscle limescale destroyer

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 14:01:35 +0000, mogga
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 09:32:18 +0000, Another Dave
wrote:

Oh, and I put the turkey baster in the garage with a label on it "not
for food use".

MM

I think it's the method rather than the product that's led to your
success. In my experience, Tesco's own brand limescale remover is more
effective than Mr Muscle's.

Another Dave

We've been watching Obsessive Compulsive cleaners (On last night, no
idea what channel but probably ch4) and it's insane.
They show people who use several litres of bleach a day cleaning their
houses and then take them to scruff-holes and they get to clean there.

It is actually quite amusing - if you like seeing how other people
live. The show house style is quite scary, and it seems most of the
cleaning obsessives have jobs and fit in 16+ hours of cleaning around
their job too.
Although one lady in last nights gave up her banking job to set up a
cleaning company.

Last week I think it was there was a lady who cleaned her toilet by
emptying it out and then scrubbing it excessively everywhere.

It's punctuated by some 'germ-o-phobes' who get to go out to places
and do swab testing of things to see whether they are below the food
hygeine standard of 500 (whatever per whatever).
They looked at taxis last week and a bowling alley and bar this week
and I think all had very low readings. Apart from the stem of the
glass which was quite high really although below the 500 limit.

Well, do you touch the toilet door handle in a public convenience
stall? I don't! I hold it to pull the door open with a sheet of loo
paper as a protective.

MM