Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Finally got toilet bowl sparkling again with Mr Muscle limescale destroyer

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 09:32:18 +0000, Another Dave
wrote:

On 03/12/2013 14:56, MM wrote:
I've been battling with limescale build-up for years. Then I saw the
Mr Muscle product in Willo and bought a bottle. Here's what I did:

Pushed out as much water from the bowl as possible by repeatedly
plunging the toilet brush down it.

Drained the residual water using a turkey baster (about 5 minutes).

Dried the bowl with industrial floor wipe.

Squirted a good 1/3 of the bottle all over the limescale.

Left it for 6 hours. The limescale had melted away completely, leaving
a pristine white bowl as if it were brand-new.

Oh, and I put the turkey baster in the garage with a label on it "not
for food use".

MM

I think it's the method rather than the product that's led to your
success. In my experience, Tesco's own brand limescale remover is more
effective than Mr Muscle's.

Another Dave

Well, although I didn't say in my first post that I had tried other
products, I *had* tried toilet cleaners (though not specifically
*limescale* destroyers) from: Tesco, Sainsbury's and Asda. All got the
bowl ~somewhat~ clean, but I have to admit, I did NOT completely dry
the bowl BEFORE applying those alternative products. Had I done so,
yes, I may have received exactly the same result.

But my feeling is that the Mr Muscle product is a different
formulation and is specifically (says so on the bottle) a limescale
*destroyer*.

Anyway, it'll be months before I need it again.

MM