Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default I may attempt to murder a gopher ... I just might stoop to that level (so help me God)

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 21:40:00 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

On 12/3/2013 2:04 PM, Oren wrote:

Aside, I saw a wall in or near Summerlin (you know) area. The dang
wind blew it over. It was a sound wall along the highway.

P.S. Do you think they will demolish the unit on the Strip, meant for
42 stories, capped at 26, for bad installation of rebar?

Not familiar with that, Oren. I'm going Friday. Where is it? It was
weird in Mexico, going along, and seeing how they would do a floor at a
time, leaving the rebar sticking up for the next floor, IF they got the
money ever to do another floor. And it was very common to see. You can
see all sorts of improvised construction methods in Mexico, some
hilarious, some ingenious.

Steve

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/insurance-questions-stall-plans-demolish-harmon-hotel

http://www.reviewjournal.com/celebrity-news/mgm-resorts-says-it-will-demolish-harmon-tower

In Mexico, people build as they go and can afford. Unlike us, they do
not borrow money of have a mortgage. It may take years to finish an
small home.