Scott Kuhn

Default Newbie question: How to make finger joint cut

wrote in message
if you are trying to do what I think you are trying to do, it's pretty
different from what I'd call a finger joint. here's what I'd call a
finger joint:
http://www.azwoodman.com/joints/finger-joint2.jpg

is that what you are after?

No, that is what i will eventually be after, but right now it's much
simpler...

ascii art rarely communicates well. if you have a scanner or a digital
camera or a drawing program on your computer either capture the images
from the book or draw us a diagram and scan it or whatever and post it
to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

I took a few pics and posted them he
http://home.comcast.net/~scott_d_kuhn/index.html

So now that it's clear what joint I'm trying to make, how would you
make it accurately and repeatably? I stopped in my local Woodworking
store and asked a guy there, and he said he'd do it on a jigsaw or
maybe a bandsaw.

Thx to the previous posters for the resources and info. The book by
Rogowski mentioned by Patriarch looks great and is now in my
Amazon.com shopping cart.

--Scott