Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Finally got toilet bowl sparkling again with Mr Muscle limescale destroyer

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 19:28:28 +0000, wrote:

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 14:56:37 +0000, MM wrote:

Pushed out as much water from the bowl as possible by repeatedly
plunging the toilet brush down it.

Drained the residual water using a turkey baster (about 5 minutes).

Oh, and I put the turkey baster in the garage with a label on it "not
for food use".

No fun in that ,leave it and the loo brush in the dishwasher for the
missus to find.

It's more me I have to worry about, I'm afraid! Since I take a statin
for the ole ticker now, I am more forgetful than I used to be (side
effect). Don't want to make the mistake myself! You know, using the
turkey baster for preparing a meal, like. That's why I put the thing
*in the garage*, so as not to be "tempted" in a couple of years from
now, when I might have otherwise said, Oh look! There's the turkey
baster! Use that!

What I *really* wanted to use was the Rule IL200 submersible bilge
pump I bought a few years ago, but the ruddy thing won't pump any
more. The motor runs, but it won't pump, even if I prime it. It was
over 20 quid as I recall, so not cheap. And hardly ever used.

I've been looking on Amazon for other cheap pumps, but once bitten,
twice shy. And the turkey baster DOES work, albeit rather slowly.

MM