Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_14_] SteveB[_14_] is offline

Default I may attempt to murder a gopher ... I just might stoop to thatlevel (so help me God)

On 12/3/2013 2:14 PM, Danny D'Amico wrote:

Wow. All I did was buy a trap, and the gophers went away.

I told you they were good.

Maybe the water trick *does work*; but still, it's not all
that efficient, in that you're risking far more damage, and
you're consuming 10,000 gallons of water & electricity to
pump it all out of the ground.

Anyway, I have other "lawns" (separated by a driveway), so,
I will still get a chance to use that trap after all.

I have had them vacate after running a huge amount of water into them.
Seems like I either killed them, or just made it inconvenient for them
so they moved. Then I had to fill in all the holes the water made, and
found places where it washed out a lot of fill, and that concerned me.

Believe me, if you learn how to use that trap, it works very well. Just
make the hole wide enough and tall enough. It has to be wide enough for
the springs to extend, and tall enough so you can push it down the
tunnel a ways with your finger on the back of the trigger so that you
don't set it off setting it. I haven't got caught by one, but by the
look of some of the gophers I have caught, it looks like it hurts big time.

Steve