Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Wrong 12V plug on PSU for computer monitor?

On 03/12/2013 12:49, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Lobster
writes

unfortunately the (LV) plug which
connects to the monitor is slightly but crucially differently sized to the
original, so it won't fit - both are standard-looking concentric plugs (ie
this sort of thing: http://tinyurl.com/mx35688) but the central pin is
evidently larger on the monitor than it was on my netbook (though the
external diameter looks the same). What are the specs for these things -
how do I work out what plug I need to buy?

It's a 3.5mm jack plug, but they come with internal diameters of 2.1 and

Its not a jack plug... they don't have a hole in the end!

--
Cheers,

John.