Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default What do you use for mouse/rat poison (Bromethalin, Brodifacoum, Bromadiolone, Chlorophacinone, or Diphacinone)?

Danny D'Amico wrote in newsan.2013.12.02.22.44.42
@is.invalid:

What works best for mouse/rat/gopher poison & in what concentration?

I already use rat traps on the floor in out-of-the-way places, but,
in the basement drawers and shelves, I don't want a trap which might
snap on an unsuspecting human (nor would it fit in some spaces).

So I just want to drop a few pieces of poison in the drawers and
on the shelves that have droppings in them.

Today, I saw the following at the hardware store in California:

Brodifacoum 0.005%
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3819/1...c66159b9_o.gif

Bromadiolone 0.005%
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3809/1...e807f9f8_o.gif

Bromethalin 0.01%
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7339/1...78511828_o.gif

I couldn't find any chlorophacinone, or diphacinone; so I ended up
buying the cheapest they had, which was the Bromadiolone:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3698/1...d60e1e57_o.gif

But, for the next time, I wish to ask:

Q: What mouse/rat poison do you use for basement drawers & shelves
(and in what concentration)?

Any food that begins with Mc === McXxxxxx