Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default I may attempt to murder a gopher ... I just might stoop to thatlevel (so help me God)

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:20:35 -0700, SteveB wrote:

Seems to me the water might be damaging things

Very logical and very smart.
That would cost a lot to fix or replace.

Yea. Flooding them out isn't such a hot idea after all.

Turns out just *buying* the Mcabee trap scared them away!
I checked the two 20'x20' "lawns" today (separated by a
walkway) and there were *no new gopher holes*.

Wow. All I did was buy a trap, and the gophers went away.

Maybe the water trick *does work*; but still, it's not all
that efficient, in that you're risking far more damage, and
you're consuming 10,000 gallons of water & electricity to
pump it all out of the ground.

Anyway, I have other "lawns" (separated by a driveway), so,
I will still get a chance to use that trap after all.

The one good thing about the trap, especially since gophers
tend to be solitary creatures (when not breeding), is that
it would be concrete when they're caught.

At the moment, I'm *thinking* that the water made them go
away, but, I won't know for another couple of days.

Meanwhile, I'll put the trap in use on another "lawn".