Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_2_] Danny D.[_2_] is offline

Default What do you use for mouse/rat poison (Bromethalin, Brodifacoum,Bromadiolone, Chlorophacinone, or Diphacinone)?

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 01:27:18 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

1. Get your bare poisons now

UPDATE:
I called the Feds at 800-858-7378 who told me that the Federal regulation
has been in effect quite a while so there shouldn't be any leftover bait
at the hardware stores (so I was lucky to find it at mine).

They said the states can add regulations, but that the states cannot
lessen the federal regulations, which basically make it improbable that a
consumer can obtain *just* the bait (without a bait station).

The law makes it hard for a consumer to get the *good stuff*, badly
defined as "second generation anticoagulants" but probably better defined
as single-use poisons.

They suggested this web site for consumers:
http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/reregist...umer-prod.html
which I found less useful than the EPA made it out to be.

Luckily, the consumer can buy just bait (at much larger quantities) at
professional stores (whatever that means and wherever you can find them);
but you can't get just the bait at regular hardware stores.

They suggested I call the CA EPA Dept. of Pesticides at 916-445-4300 for
specific details on how my local store (who shall remain unnamed since
they're doing me a favor by selling the banned substances) can still be
selling just the bait.

I'm on the line with Lisa at the California Pesticide Department, but,
I'll report on that separately.