Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_14_] SteveB[_14_] is offline

Default I may attempt to murder a gopher ... I just might stoop to thatlevel (so help me God)

On 12/2/2013 3:14 PM, Danny D'Amico wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:03:30 -0500, dadiOH wrote:

I tried that once. Shoved the hose in as far as possible (6-8 feet) and let
it run. Our soil is sand and all the water did was soak in, burrow never
flooded.

I'm giving up on the water flooding gopher solution method!

I don't know if it worked yet, but, after 10,000 gallons was poured
into two gopher holes, I noticed *all* the concrete cracks weeping.

For example, here's a shot of the steps below the gopher hole:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3715/1...a0c03165_o.jpg

And, here's a shot of the retaining wall at the bottom of the steps:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5496/1...a201a50c_o.jpg

Seems to me the water might be damaging things, so, if it didn't
already work on getting rid of my first couple of gophers, I'm
giving up on it and moving on to something else!

Very logical and very smart. That would cost a lot to fix or replace.