Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Free and very Safe: Use avast free antivirus to protect yourPC andsave your Money

nestork wrote:
I use a separate computer for everything I do on the internet.

I find that antivirus software slows down my Pentium 4 too much.
Perhaps if I had a faster computer, it wouldn't be an issue.

What I do if I find that I've gotten a virus is just format the hard
drive and reload Windows XP. The only browser I ever use is Internet
Explorer, and it comes with Windows XP.

Hmm,
With P4, if you can, Linux will give you speed as well as security
better than Windows. Our computers(desk top, Laptop) all has dual boot.
Windows with various flavor and Linux(two flavor Mist and Ubuntu) Family
is trained to boot either one depending what they want to do. I maintain
all 6 computers myself. At least if not, you should have maximum memory
with that XP box. P4 memories are dirt cheap now. My dily use laptop is
ASUS ROG with 250MB SSD, two 1GB HDD, lots of memory, i7 cpu, etc. Real
work is done on a desk top running Linux.