Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Free and very Safe: Use avast free antivirus to protect yourPC and save your Money

On 12/2/2013 8:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

It turns out that while the spam is not actually coming from Avast, the
company is encouraging it.

Avast users can create a personal link, "Share the unique link via social
networks or email" and get a free upgrade to another Avast product when a
certain number of installs are done via the personal link.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=110643.0

I've voiced my displeasure in the Avast forum, stating that I don't know if
I will continue to recommend Avast to family and friends, something I've
done countless times over the last few years

With those tactics you will never see me using Avast. I;ve been using
Microsoft Security Essentials for over a year now.