Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default What do you use for mouse/rat poison (Bromethalin, Brodifacoum,Bromadiolone, Chlorophacinone, or Diphacinone)?

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 20:29:48 -0500, Jimbo wrote:

If something is leaving droppings in your drawers, besides you. You got
big troubles Mr. I think the squirrels are after your nuts! Actually, a
squirrel probably did place that nut in the drawer.

Googling for how to choose rodenticides, I found the NPIC, which
was closed, so I left a message at the National Pesticide Information
Center at 800-858-7378 asking what the law is on the availability of the
raw blocks & what's the most efficacious of the 10 registered rodenticides:

Apparently, these are the 10 registered rodenticides:

First-generation anticoagulants:
warfarin, chlorophacinone, and diphacinone.

Second-generation anticoagulants:
brodifacoum, bromadiolone, difenacoum, and difethialone

Non-anticoagulants: bromethalin,
cholecalciferol and zinc phosphide

BTW, only the three "B's" above were available at the hardware store
I visited in California today, and of those, I chose bromadiolone
as the most bang for the buck.